Video communication has become increasingly popular and so many companies and startups want to catch this trend by creating video chat apps that cater to different needs, such as business meetings, social calls, and online dating. So how to choose a video conferencing API for your business? No worries, this article will focus on the best 10 video conferencing API vendors with a features comparison.
What is a Video Conferencing SDK & API?
A Video Conferencing API is a set of protocols, routines, and tools that allow developers to integrate video conferencing functionality into their existing applications. They are commonly used in applications that require remote collaboration, online meetings, virtual classrooms, telehealth services, and other similar use cases.
It provides a way for developers to access pre-built video conferencing features and functionality without having to build them from scratch. In simple terms, a Video Conference SDK is used to build a video conferencing application from scratch, while a Video Conference API is used to add video conferencing features to an existing application.
Read more: If you are interested in going deeper on the topic, here is a deep dive into video conferencing definition.
Must-Have Video Calling API Features
The numerous options for video conferencing SDK & API available in the market might be overwhelming. It is important to scrutinize the potential solutions and ensure that they possess the following features, at the very least:
- Multi-party video calling: Support multi-person video calls to meet the needs of user groups for chatting and meetings.
- Screen sharing: Allow users to share screen content to facilitate remote collaboration and presentations.
- Virtual background: Allow users to select virtual backgrounds to enhance the professionalism and visual effects of the conference.
- Real-time messaging and whiteboard: Provide real-time text chat and whiteboard functions to facilitate user communication and collaboration.
- Security and privacy protection: Protect user privacy and information security, ensuring that conference content is not stolen or leaked.
- Compatibility with multiple devices: Support multiple operating systems and devices, including PC, mobile phones, and tablets.
- Customizability: Allow users to customize the conference interface and functions to meet different conference needs.
10 Best Video Chat APIs & SDKs for Video Conferences
ZEGOCLOUD video conferencing SDK offers a complete suite of building blocks of a video conferencing system, including real-time voice chat, real-time video, interactive live streaming, cloud recording, screening sharing, whiteboard, etc. On top of that, the company also provides robust backend monitoring and an analytic dashboard for overall performance optimization.
ZEGOCLOUD free video conferencing API is a highly recommended video calling API for developers looking to build video conferencing applications. The ease of use, cross-platform compatibility, and range of features make it a reliable and effective solution. Moreover, they have pre-built low-code UIKits that are still an excellent choice for many developers for building a video conferencing app within only a few lines of code.
Features of ZEGOCLOUD Video Conference APIs:
- A complete suite of real-time communication functions such as voice, video, and live streaming.
- A unified real-time data transmission network that allows real-time communication and CDN distribution.
- A rich set of add-on features, including beautification, AR stickers, voice changing, avatar, screen sharing, document sharing, in-app chat, etc.
- Incredible advancements in metaverse technology allow video conferencing in a virtual world with more interactions, including 3D voice, face expression synchronization on avatars, etc.
- Fantastic user experiences include less than 300 ms ultra-low latency, 4K or 1080P extra-high definition, and 60 FPS playback smoothness.
- Supports group video calls and direct calls.
- Live video streaming is a possibility.
- Screen sharing is possible during live video conferences.
- Customer support response time is sometimes long.
|Usage||Aggregate Resolutions||Pricing (US$/1,000 participant minutes)|
|Video HD||1280 × 720||3.99|
|Video Full HD||(1280 × 720) to (1920 × 1080)||8.99|
|Video 2K||(1920 × 1080) to (2560 × 1440)||15.99|
|Video 4K||(2560 × 1440) to (4096 × 2160)||35.99|
Twilio video conferencing API is fully customized and scalable. This is completely flexible for usage. This tool constructs the applications and the connectivity. It allows chats, video, and programmable chats based on real-time communication with scalability and video calling API. This is a perfect fit for enterprises from small to wide. This helps the organization engage its users in every step of the journey. This is a flexible video calling API for any channel with built-in intelligence and global infrastructure support.
Features of Twilio APIs:
- It gives free trial credits for video groups and video P2P.
- Cloud recording facility with workflow integration.
- 24-hour support through the mail and chat.
- Get endless features with an intuitive interface.
- Backed with WebRTC video protocol.
- Allows up to 50 participants in a video call.
- APIs for both mobile and desktop applications.
- No analytical support is available.
- It does not have a user-friendly interface.
|Video P2P||Video Groups|
|Starting at $0.0015 per participant per minute||Starting at $0.004 per participant per minute|
You may also like: Twilio API Review: Pricing, Features, Pros & Cons
Sinch is another best video call API that manages different video conference APIs through messaging and calling facilities. Anyone can receive video calls, SMS verification, voice calls, and other engagement platforms. Various industries receive an extensive solution from this, including health, telecommunications, retail, media, and entertainment. Through this, many operators get opportunities for monetizing the wholesale and getting rid of fraud and other activities.
This video conferencing API offers an instant messaging SDK and API to iOS, Android, and Web Applications. It gives complete freedom to the users for customization and supports SIP, VoIP, and PSTN.
Features of Sinch video conferencing APIs :
- It offers high-quality videos.
- Get Personalized Messaging with Voice Calling service.
- Live Broadcasting.
- Personalized communication with advanced setup.
- 600+ operators connections globally.
- Amazing easy & intuitive interface with endless possibilities.
- Allows live broadcasting facility.
- Provides 24/7 connection availability.
- Cross-platform support.
- No free trial is offered.
- Need to contact the sales team.
MirrorFly is another audio and video conferencing API for website providers that offers a solution to both large and small-scale organizations. This is the versatile messaging solution working as the market’s prime product. The tool is highly customizable as compared to any other. It goes perfectly with iOS, Android, and Web Applications. With this, anyone can get the absolute chat-app solution that provides a design-enriched UI/UX. Here you can get the intuitive build with a plethora of other features. This video conference SDK is embedded with WebRTC, enabling HD-quality video interaction and the VoIP feature that gives a dynamic voice experience.
Features of Mirrorfly APIs:
- Real-time language translation.
- Get a 100% customizable solution.
- Private 1-to-1 chat with offline messages.
- Interactive Live Broadcasting with SIP calling feature.
- Push-to-Talk part with VoIP calling facility.
- A versatile messaging solution with endless features.
- GDPR & HIPAA compliant.
- Supports up to 7500 minutes of video calls.
- Voice note sharing and location sharing are possible.
- Google apps cannot be integrated.
- Project management is not possible.
|Essentials (5k Monthly Active Users)||Premium (5k Monthly Active Users)|
Agora offers a complete video conference API. Meanwhile, it provides real-time voice and video chat API that can be used to build a video conference system. It works on user engagement by delivering the video call service with real-time voice, recording and messaging, and live streaming products. The company is working towards building real-time connections in the virtual world.
Features of Agora.io API for Video Conferencing:
- The tool offers an intelligent network that will help to connect automatically in real-time analysis.
- Select the efficient routing path with 200+ data centers.
- Enterprise support Platforms.
- Minimal Battery Consumption.
- It can withstand even a sudden spike in traffic.
- Extensive API selection with customizable UI extension.
- Monitor call quality through Agora analytics.
- Call recording is a possibility.
- With AI noise suppression, hear clear sounds and voices.
- Lack of API and webhooks.
- The provided documentation is complex.
|Video HD||Video Full HD|
|$3.99 /1,000 minutes||$8.99 /1,000 minutes|
Enablex live video calling API is another decent choice for free HIPAA-compliant video conferencing for integrating video conferencing capabilities into your app. Moreover, it features remarkable video chat SDKs that enable one-to-one video chats and group video calls, providing users with an extensive video chat experience. With its live interactive broadcast feature, you can broadcast diverse content through devices directly on social media platforms.
- Up to 100 participants in collaboration mode
- Over 3000 participants for webinars
- Built on WebRTC
- End-to-end encryption
- Live annotation and screen sharing
- The video API is fully customizable.
- Built-in on WebRTC protocol for a seamless call.
- Add 100 participants to a video call session.
- Less learning features are available.
- Difficult user interface.
- $0.004 per participant per minute (50 participants)
Providing text, voice, and video chatting capabilities, CometoChat is a great choice for video conferencing API. Furthermore, it offers APIs and SDKs that simplify integrating video calls with rich and detailed documentation, demos, and easy-to-understand code. Moreover, CometChat’s video conferencing API supports voice and video calling, scalable in-app messaging, and cross-platform compatibility.
- Online presence indicators
- Webhooks and bots
- Support for Single Sign-on (SSO)
- Typing and reading indicators
- Rich media attachments
- UI kits are available for extensive user interfaces.
- It’s possible to send rich media attachments.
- Solutions are available for multiple sectors.
- Slow customer service.
- Becomes inefficient sometimes due to bugs.
|Essentials (26 – 1000 MAUs)||Pro (26 – 1000 MAUs)|
Daily.co offers the best scalable video conferencing API and aims to provide the best video call solution. With this live video call API, users can easily add live audio and video experiences to their products, using either the pre-built user interface or creating custom layouts. Furthermore, the tool supports high-quality 1080p HD video and screen sharing for calls on any device. Moreover, it offers flexible recording options, including transcriptions.
- Up to 1000 active participants per video call
- Live stream with up to 25 participants and 100,000 viewers
- Provides Android and iOS video conferencing SDKs
- Customizable video call UI/UX
- Video quality auto-tuning
- The first 10,000 minutes are free per month.
- Email and chat support are available for queries.
- Live streaming and cloud recording are among the possibilities.
- Pricing is a bit costly for new startups.
- The sound quality is not stable during the call.
- $0.0015 per participant per minute
Apphitect provides video conference API for SMEs and enterprises and is considered one of the industry’s leaders. Using WebRTC APIs, Apphitect offers exceptional video-calling experiences across various devices and platforms. Moreover, it comes with 100% customization support meaning you can easily tailor it to suit your and your app’s needs.
- White-label solution
- High scalability
- Interactive live broadcasting
- Conference scheduling
- Screen sharing
- Easy to use interface.
- Offers high scalability and customization in API.
- Provides interactive live broadcasting solutions.
- Call quality is not stable because of lags.
- Contact the sales team
Formerly known as TokBox OpenTok, Vonage Video conferencing API is another great option when it comes to choosing a video conference API. Moreover, it enables you to create a tailored video experience for any mobile, web, or desktop application with ease. Vonage’s video chat APIs offer rich features for Android, iOS, and the web. Furthermore, it leverages WebRTC standards to ensure high data streaming quality.
- Works using WebRTC
- Support AES-128 and AES-256 encryption
- GDPR and HIPPA compliance
- HLS and RTMP streaming
- SIP Interconnect
- Video group chats and one-on-one chats are possible.
- Customization of video streams can be done.
- Calls are encrypted with AES-128 and AES-256.
- Free trial not available.
- Call quality may not be good.
- $0.00395/per participant/per minute
Why ZEGOCLOUD Video Conferencing SDK/API for Your Video Startup
Making applications from scratch can consume a lot of your time, as well as resources. In this regard, using ZEGOCLOUD video chat API/SDK is ideal because it provides both instant solutions to integrate video chat functions in existing applications in just 15 minutes and 100% customized video call SDK to build an Immersive video experience. Simultaneously, this shortens the time to market an application, giving it a competitive edge over competitors. Moreover, the developers don’t have to put hard effort into coding everything.
ZEGOCLOUD video calling API has essential features like push notifications, direct and group calls, camera switching, call muting, screen sharing, and more. There also exist advanced features like video frame capture, custom call metadata, P2P call connections, recording notifications, call event webhooks, call quality scoring, etc. In fact, you will also enjoy dashboard features like call logs, admin calls, automated billing, user notification settings, and call metadata retrieval.
Not to forget, ZEGOCLOUD also comes with best-in-class security features like user authentication and media stream encryption. There is also a compliance functionality of HIPAA with BAA.
Ready to enhance the interactions in your mobile app with the best video conference API? By leveraging an API for video conferencing, such as ZEGOCLOUD’s Video Conferencing API, you can also easily add video conferencing functionality to your app in iOS, Android, Web, React Native, and Flutter without extensive knowledge of video conferencing technology.
Sign up to start a free trial or a free developer plan today. Then, follow the steps in this guide to offer in-app video experiences that promote high levels of engagement, more sales, and positive user experiences.
FAQ about Video Conferencing API
Q1: How do I add video conferencing to my website?
To add video conferencing to your website, you need to integrate a Video Conferencing API or SDK. This process typically involves obtaining API credentials, setting up a server-side web application, and developing a client-side web application.
Q2: Can I implement screen sharing in my application?
Yes, using a Video Conferencing API, you can implement screen-sharing functionality. By making relevant API calls, you can allow participants to share their screens for real-time content sharing.
Q3: Can I manage conference participants in my application?
Yes, a Video Conferencing API provides functionality to manage conference participants. You can use API calls to invite, add, remove, and manage participants in a conference.
Q4: How do you make a video call on Flutter?
To make a video call on Flutter, you can use a video conferencing SDK that supports Flutter. These SDKs provide the necessary tools and libraries to build a video-calling feature within your Flutter application.
Talk to Expert
Learn more about our solutions and get your question answered.
Take your apps to the next level with our voice, video and chat APIs
- 10,000 minutes for free
- 4,000+ corporate clients
- 3 Billion daily call minutes