Nobody will deny that it is tough to see a doctor efficiently. Why is it so? Everybody will have a say about it. It can be attributed to a few reasons:
1) Medical resources are scarce and distributed unevenly geographically and concentrated in top cities. Patients rush to top cities to see a doctor for big diseases.
2) Patients don’t know which department to visit in an outpatient clinic. But they will surely rush to the top hospitals, and make hospitals fall short on resources.
There are several ways to rack the issues:
1) Provide easily accessible general consultancy to guide patients to the right outpatient department.
2) Use real-time video technology to help medical practitioners to serve patients from other locations.
ZEGOCLOUD has concluded 7 common scenarios where RTC technology can improve efficiency significantly.
The 7 Medical Scenarios
1) First Aid via Real-Time Video
There will be a certain period before an ambulance comes after an emergency call has been made. The period is vital for the survival rate of the patient who is suffering from a critical situation, such as a heart attack or heavy bleeding.
The people nearby the patient should have been able to provide timely assistance to save the patient if they know how to apply medical rescue measures. This is where remote real-time video technology comes to the rescue.
The real-time video technology allows users to call up a doctor promptly, and the doctor will guide the users to apply medical rescue measures to the patient timely. It is so important that it could improve the patient’s survival possibility significantly.
2) Diagnose via Real-time Video
You don’t have to go to the hospital for a trivial sickness. You can get on a video conference call with your family physician, or you can go to a community pharmaceutical to get a check with a general practitioner via a remote video application. You are likely happy to walk away with a prescription and medicine after that.
3) Consultation via Real-time Video
Pretty often, doctors have a video conference with senior doctors or medical professors remotely to discuss difficult disease cases and ask for advice.
Regular video conferences won’t work if doctors want to share an X-ray image report that contains tons of information and the file is very big, say 100 Mega-bytes.
A real-time video consultation must be designed to support this particular medical scenario and can allow transmission of large image files or FHD (say 4K resolution) video data in real time.
4) Live Streaming to Carry Out Medical Teaching or Training
Normally, it will take more than 10 years to teach a medical student before he can start field practice. Nowadays, tons of online teaching and training is carried out in hospitals and medical schools to help students and junior doctors to study.
The great things about a medical live streaming class include:
1) Large X-ray or ultrasound reports can be shared in real-time.
2) Teachers and students can speak with each other via real-time video.
3) The teaching class can be recorded as video assets to generate curriculums.
5) Psychological Counseling via Real-Time Video
Psychological patients are not different from any other kinds of patients, they are just sick, tender, and need more care. A private one-on-one psychological counsel is a good way for the doctor to help the patient to recover.
Real-time video allows the following benefits:
1) It can reduce the patient’s weariness because of travel, stress, and nervousness.
2) It can make the patient feel safe and protected by keeping a distance from others.
3) They can switch from video to voice only if they feel comfortable.
6) Health Management for Chronic Disease Patients
Chronic disease won’t be cured in a short time. It is costly to see a doctor in the hospital regularly, but the patient has to do so for a regular checkup, changes of prescription, and even possible referral.
Real-time video technology allows patients to get in touch with medical specialists for regular measures. The technology can be combined with smart medical devices, measuring body temperature, blood pressure, etc.
7) Remote Joint Surgery
There is a need to set up joint surgery in the following scenarios:
1) The surgery doctor needs advice and supervisory from another senior doctor who cannot present himself for the surgery.
2) The surgery doctor wants to use the operation as an opportunity to train a class of students or junior doctors.
Real-time video technology can bring you benefits as follows:
1) Ultra-low latency less than 100 milliseconds, making sure the remote participants can respond timely.
2) FHD (say 4K) video quality that makes every single detail clear and visible.
3) Multiple HD cameras can be mounted from any perspective that is needed, for example, 360-degree full view cameras, cameras focusing on the surgery area, cameras mounted on medical instruments, and cameras mounted on the scalpel allow remote participants to view the surgery from all viewpoints.
The 8 advantages of ZEGOCLOUD’s real-time communication solutions for Medical Scenarios
ZEGOCLOUD provides world-class real-time communication solutions that are designed for important medical scenarios that were discussed above.
ZEGOCLOUD’s solution possesses the following advantages:
1) Ultra-low latency
The latency is less than 100 milliseconds, which can guarantee smooth real-time interactions.
2) FHD quality video
It supports quality video varying from 720P,1080P to 4K. You can see even every single pore of the patient remotely.
3) Support of smart medical devices
It supports multiple cameras from all viewpoints and also connects with smart medical devices to access medical reports and monitorings timely.
4) Support for recording and playback
Video will be recorded automatically and saved forever. The video contents can be played back easily.
5) Rich measures for real-time interactions
It supports documentation sharing, screen sharing, virtual whiteboard, and access to various image reports such as X-rays and ultrasounds.
6) Support for various terminal devices
It supports PC, smartphones, iPad, etc. Participants can join from anywhere remotely.
7) United interfaces for integration
It provides united interfaces to be integrated with existing medical systems.
8) Open to the needs of on-premises deployment
The solution is provisioned as a cloud service empowered by a global data transmission network, and it guarantees compliance with security requirements and the local laws of various countries. Furthermore, it is open to the needs of on-premises deployment.
If you need real-time communication technology to upgrade your medical system and allow for more possibilities to grow, please contact us, and one of our experts to reach out to speak with you shortly.
Talk to Expert
Learn more about our solutions and get your question answered.
Take your apps to the next level with our video APIs
- 10,000 minutes for free
- 4,000+ corporate clients
- 3 Billion daily call minutes