React and React Native are two popular technologies for building user interfaces. While they share many similarities, there are some key differences to be aware of. This article will explore the differences between React vs React Native. Learn how developers use them to build real-time and live-streaming applications using ZEGOCLOUD API.
React vs React Native
Both technologies are popular choices for building modern and interactive user interfaces.
What is React?
One of the main benefits of React is its ability to efficiently update the user interface. React uses a virtual DOM to determine the minimal changes needed when a component’s state changes. This means React can make targeted updates to specific user interface parts rather than the entire DOM tree. This can significantly improve the performance of an application.
Features of React
React has various features that make it easier for developers to build complex applications. Here are some of React’s most essential parts:
React uses a virtual DOM to optimize updates to the user interface. As mentioned, it helps improve React applications’ performance by reducing the number of DOM manipulation operations needed.
One of the best things about React is that it lets you make components to use more than once. Developers can write code used in multiple places within an application. This can help to make code more modular and easier to maintain.
React renders components on the server side as well as the client side. This speeds up applications that have to render much data on the server side. It can make applications that run both on the server and the client.
Benefits of Using React
There are several benefits to using React for building user interfaces. Here are some of the key benefits of using React:
- Improved Performance: One of the main benefits of React is its ability to efficiently update the user interface. By using a virtual DOM to calculate the minimal set of changes that need to be made to the actual DOM, React can significantly improve the performance of an application.
- Server-side Rendering: React can be used to render components on the server side as well as the client side, which can help improve the performance of applications that need to render large amounts of data on the server side or for creating isomorphic applications that can run on both the server and the client.
- Strong Community: React has a large and active community of developers, which means there is a wealth of knowledge and resources available to help developers learn and work with React.
React is a powerful and popular tool for building user interfaces. Its range of benefits makes it well-suited for various applications.
What is React Native?
React Native is a framework that allows developers to build native mobile applications using React. It allows developers to write code that can run on both iOS and Android platforms. It provides a set of components designed to work with native UI elements.
React Native uses the same design principles as React, meaning developers can build reusable UI components that can be shared between different platforms. Developers can easily build cross-platform mobile applications by writing a single codebase that can be used on iOS and Android.
One of the key benefits of React Native is its performance. Because React Native applications are compiled to native code, they can run natively on mobile devices, which means they can be as fast and responsive as native applications built using platforms like Swift or Java.
Overall, React Native is a powerful tool for building cross-platform mobile applications and is widely used by developers worldwide. It allows developers to build applications that have the performance and feel of native applications while still using a single codebase that can be shared across multiple platforms.
Features of React Native
- One of the key features of React Native is its ability to build applications that feel and look native to each platform. This is achieved through platform-specific components, which allow developers to build UI elements consistent with the native look and feel of each platform.
- Another notable feature of React Native is its use of a virtual DOM (Document Object Model). This allows the framework to optimize updates to the UI by only rendering the parts of the UI that have changed rather than rendering the entire UI from scratch each time an update is made. This results in faster and smoother updates to the UI, which is particularly useful for applications with complex or frequently updating UI.
- One of the most useful features of React Native is its ability to build cross-platform applications. This means developers can use a single codebase to build and deploy their app on Android and iOS platforms, saving time and resources.
Benefits of Using React Native
- Improved performance: React Native uses native components, which means it accesses the device’s native UI elements and renders them in the app. This results in a more fluid and responsive user experience than web view-based frameworks like Cordova or Ionic.
- Shared codebase: As mentioned above, React Native allows developers to write a single codebase that can be shared between Android and iOS apps. This saves time and effort and ensures both app versions have the same features and functionality.
- Strong community: React Native has a large and active community of developers, which means numerous resources are available to help you learn and troubleshoot issues. Many third-party libraries and plugins are also available to extend your app’s functionality.
- Future-proof: As mobile devices become more powerful and capable, the demand for high-performance apps will only increase. By using React Native, you can build apps optimized for today’s devices and ready for future demands.
Which is Better: React js vs. React Native
So which one to choose?
Ultimately, the decision of which to use comes down to your specific needs and goals. Both React and React Native are powerful tools for building user interfaces, and either one can be a great choice depending on your project.
Why is ZEGOCLOUD API for React and React Native
- Ease of use. With a simple API and clear documentation, developers can quickly and easily add real-time communication features to their React or React Native app. This includes audio and video calling, messaging, and data transfer features.
- Scalability. The API is built to handle large volumes of traffic, making it suitable for use in high-traffic apps or for hosting live events. This is particularly useful for React and React Native developers building apps for large audiences or for use in mission-critical scenarios.
- Customization. Developers can use the API to build communication features that fit their app’s specific needs and branding. This includes options for customizing the user interface and integrating it with other services and platforms.
Most Reliable SDK for React and React Native
The SDK is available on various platforms, including web, iOS, and Android, and can be easily integrated into popular frameworks like React and React Native. With the ZEGOCLOUD SDK, adding sophisticated real-time audio and video functionality to your app has never been easier.
- Scalability for large-scale live streams and video conferencing
- Reliable cloud infrastructure for consistently high-quality video communication and live streaming
- Customization options, including the ability to customize the user interface and add your own branding
- Easy integration into existing applications and workflow
- Extensive documentation and support to help you get started and make the most of the API.
Pricing: Begins at $0.99 per 1000 minutes. A free trial is available as well.
React vs React Native, while they share some similarities, have different capabilities and are used in different contexts. Understanding the differences between React js vs React native can help you choose the right tool for your project and achieve your development goals.
Integrate real-time audio and video into your app with ZEGOCLOUD and either React or React Native. Sign up for free now!
Talk to Expert
Learn more about our solutions and get your question answered.
Take your apps to the next level with our voice, video and chat APIs
- 10,000 minutes for free
- 4,000+ corporate clients
- 3 Billion daily call minutes