The most popular open-source framework is none other than Flutter when it comes to mobile app development. The usage of smartphones – in the ongoing era – the significance of mobile applications and websites has inclined everyone to learn mobile app development and web development, meanwhile considering their future career prospects. The emphasis on why everything one should know about Flutter infers upon its worthiness.
In the era of Internalization, Flutter is the best platform for reaching a global audience. It is supported and used by Google, trusted by well-known brands around the globe, and maintained by a community of developers.
Flutter is a masterpiece in mobile app development created by Google and released for the first time in May 2017. It is an open-source framework that allows developers to bring about web, desktop, and cross-platform applications that run on Android and iOS devices. Flutter is the only tool that provides beautification, natively compilation and multi-platform applications from a single codebase. It not only makes development faster but also a convenient way rather than the rigid traditional methods by using Dart language programming.
This first-string programming tool for mobile app development consists of two main components-a UI framework and a Software Development Kit (SDK). The Flutter New SDK release, Flutter 3.7, continues to improve the framework by adding some great new features. The new features are;
- tools to better support internationalization
- enabling the developers to create custom menu bars
- cascading menus
- new debugging tools and much more
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Flutter
Flutter is an easily accessible and free open-source framework. It provides a variety of advantages to the developers, but it has certain disadvantages as well, up to some extent.
- Beyond the smartphones:
One can go beyond mobile app development on Flutter due to its new features; Flutter for Web and Flutter Desktop. Google’s technical preview of Flutter Web last year makes it possible to run Flutter applications in a browser without changing the source code. The event of technical preview marks the transition of Flutter from a cross-platform mobile application framework to a full-fledged cross-platform development tool.
- The Developers Support:
Last year in terms of GitHub stars, Flutter surpassed React Native, which infers its significance and the embracing of Flutter by the developers. Furthermore, the number of questions asked about Flutter on Stack exceeds the number of questions about React Native, which implies the focus of the developers is to learn more about Flutter.
- The single codebase framework:
The developers don’t have to worry about maintaining consistency across Web, iOS, and Android. The single codebase feature of the framework handles it, leading to hasty build time, saving of resources, and convenience in maintaining the code.
- Well, Documentation:
The documentation format of Flutter is praiseful. It provides a well-organized, formatted way worthful, making it easier to understand and beneficial for the developers.
- Hasty Development:
One of the main advantages of Flutter is its fast development time. Flutter’s unique architecture allows for a hot reload, which means the developer can observe the changes in the code without restarting the app and within no time. It saves a lot of time for the developers as they can make changes and observe the results immediately.
- The complex language of Dart:
Flutter’s prerequisite language for coding is the Dart language. Though it is suitable for Flutter, the challenging nature of the language sometimes makes coding difficult for the developers. Moreover, Dart language is not a well-known programming language, and there is a need to learn the language to operate with Flutter.
- Nascent framework; emerging with the passage of its scope:
The open-source framework is still in a position to emerge as a full-fledged cross-platform tool. Though it has gained fame in cross-platform mobile app development, there are limited learning resources and a relatively small number of plugins and packages. Similarly, it also lacks third-party libraries, which enables some features for developers to have a significant impact on software development.
- The applications size is large and weighty:
Flutter-developed applications are inherently large than the application created using native tools. Other competing frameworks can build comparable applications with convenient footprints. The requirements of including the framework’s engine and widget need the inclusion of more packages into applications. This drawback almost prohibits Flutter from being used by the developers.
- Flutter-a prescriptive tool:
Flutter’s comprehensive nature and associated tools somewhat restrict the developers from assembling the project from many available frameworks and libraries. When Flutter’s workflow doesn’t fit with the existing practices of the developers, adopting the technology can be a significant challenge.
- Narrow Ecosystem:
How does Flutter works?
- The usage of widgets is the main principle in Flutter mobile app developments. Developers may create a new and customize the whole UI by integrating multiple widgets. Each of these widgets defines an ordering element (such as the menu or a button), a stylistic element (such as the color scheme or font of the text), a configuration component (such as padding), and other additional features.
- Flutter facilitates developers with ready-to-use widgets rather than employing OEM widgets. That feels like they belong to an Android or iOS app (following Material Design or Cupertino). Developers can also construct their own widgets.
- Dart programming language usage by Flutter is one of its most challenging aspects. The framework updates the view tree with each new frame. For this purpose, Flutter produces many objects, each of which can only survive for one frame. Dart implements generational garbage collection, which is particularly efficient for this sort of system.
Why ZEGOCLOUD API You Need for Flutter?
ZEGOCLOUD, established in 2015, is a global-leading cross-platform communication service provider. It facilitates organizations and developers to obtain real-time audio and video communication capabilities conveniently within no time by integrating a single SDK.
Up to now, ZEGOCLOUD has provided high-quality services to 200+ users in various countries and regions, gaining the satisfaction and credibility of several leading customers in social, gaming, live streaming, finance, education, medical, and intelligent hardware industries and fields.
ZEGO Express SDKs provide rich APIs for quickly building audio/video calling and live streaming capabilities into your applications based on ZEGO’s cloud live streaming platform. With a powerful audio/video processing engine and a global real-time network, the platform facilitates high-quality and reliable cloud audio/video streaming services to businesses globally.
It is available for all major platforms, including Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, and Web.
The implausible features provided by ZEGOCLOUD are as under;
- Guarantees high audio/video pre-processing and conferencing
- IVR / Voice Recognition
- Network adaptation
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Massive Software-Defined Network (MSDN) is a massive and orderly self-learning data network.
- Ready-to-use UI components or entire UI Kits to help cut deployment times
- Global support for diverse client devices and network environments
- Low-cost solution to bring high-end performance to your applications
- High availability with 99.99% uptime assurance
- Software Development Kits support nearly 20 programming languages
- Bounteous documentation to find what you need
- A latency of 79ms was achieved, with an average of just 300ms
- High standards of privacy and data security
If you are a flutter developer, ZEGOCLOUD will be the best API/SDK provider you should know. Just Sign up for 10,000 free minutes per month to start your app-building with flutter now.
Talk to Expert
Learn more about our solutions and get your question answered.
Take your apps to the next level with our video APIs
- 10,000 minutes for free
- 4,000+ corporate clients
- 3 Billion daily call minutes