Tomorrow Advancing Life (TAL) is the first Chinese education institution for primary and middle school students to be listed in the U.S. The partnership with ZEGOCLOUD helped provide an innovative online education platform.
TAL company overview
As an education and technology enterprise centering on innovative education and an open platform.
TAL has established 5 business groups:
- smart education
- education cloud
- content and education for the future
- K12 and comprehensive competence
- international and life-long education.
It has 15 sub-brands, including Xueersi, xueersi.com, Izhikang, and First Leap. It invests in many educational institutions, such as Babytree and changingedu.com. Currently, it has opened branches in 55 cities in China and provides services to over 4.5 million offline students. It counts over 36 million online registered users.
Online classes’ audio and video quality directly impact teacher and student interaction. TAL expects high-definition, stable, and high-concurrency real-time interactive video and audio technologies to serve in multiple education scenarios:
- including the live streaming big class
- small interactive class
- international online small class to ensure ultra-low latency
- Audio-video synchronization for all parties in educational interaction.
Since a screen separates teachers and students, only a highly engaged learning environment will help students to learn more effectively. Take K12 students, for example. They are so young that they cannot discipline themselves as adults would. By learning with mates and mutual communication and encouragement, they will deliver a much better performance.
There are not enough good teachers, all based in developed cities and areas with limited influence. So, TAL has to address the problem of how to provide good education to more students with lower costs on the teacher side while ensuring the quality of interactive education.
- ZEGOCLOUD’s online education solution includes technologies that ensure audio-video synchronization and ultra-low latency in live streaming classes, allowing online education platforms to realize high-definition vision and high acoustic quality in multi-person interaction and instruction.
- With its flexible audio and video architectures, ZEGOCLOUD helps TAL implement the super small-class model of “1 instructor + N assistants + dozens or hundreds of small classes, ” where the instructor teaches students from many at the same time, and assistants are responsible for managing these classes. They can enter any class at any time. Within the small classes, students can communicate with each other due to multi-mic-to-mic technology, which will encourage them to study harder. Educational audio and video streaming are shared by many virtual classrooms, enabling the instructor, assistants, and students to have a smooth and high-definition educational experience.
- In the super small-class model, only a few instructors and assistants are required to teach thousands of students with the same engagement level as small classes. With their respective responsibilities well defined, the instructor and assistants formulate the educational procedure and standardize details of the instruction, improving the education effect as a whole and reducing the teacher’s cost.
ZEGOCLOUD’s stable and reliable real-time audio and video technologies allow TAL to implement several educational formats, including one-on-one tutoring, small international class, big interactive class, and super small class. Teachers and students can have online courses with smooth streaming. The solution addresses the challenges brought about by ultra-high concurrency and strong audio-video interaction technologically. Backed up by ZEGOCLOUD, TAL continues to promote new educational models, play a leading role in the innovation of global online educational enterprises, explore new businesses, and boost academic progress and equality with technologies.
Talk to Expert
Learn more about our solutions and get your question answered.
Take your apps to the next level with our video APIs
- 10,000 minutes for free
- 4,000+ corporate clients
- 3 Billion daily call minutes